Thursday, October 15, 2009

DISTURBIA

I am seriously disturbed @ the moment. I was on Yahoo for a few minutes to see if they ever found the 6 yr old in CO who they THOUGHT floated away in the hot air balloon shaped like a flying saucer. As if that kinda news isn't disturbing enuff - I mean, what?? Who keeps an INFLATED hot air balloon tethered in the backyard where little kids are playing?? WTH?? Gives new meaning to the word "irresponsible", doesn't it? And now that the balloon is landed, they can't find him. Great.

So you read those bulletins & there at the bottom of the page is a link to a story about the 11 yr old FL boy who got set on fire by a gang of teen miscreants when he tried to stop them from stealing his dad's bicycle. His mom makes a public statement about stopping the wave of violence among our youth nowadays. I totally agree with her altho I have no idea what can be done. I'm not a parent & when I indulge my maternal instincts, it's usually by holding & cuddling babies or helping teenagers with homework. In other words, not much discipline involved or even any "hands-on" parenting. So, I am at a loss there, but then I see another link.........

.....to an article on a group of skinhead teens in NH who hacked a woman to death with a machete!! And slit the throat of her 6th grade daughter & left her for dead!! WHAT IN THE H---???????? What kinda people (do I dare call them people?) do such things? And the news report calls the ringleader of the group "a devout Mormon"!! NOPE!! SORRY!! I don't profess to be of the Mormon faith, but I daresay even Brigham Young would agree that the words "devout Mormon" do NOT belong in the same article as "hacked to death by machete". Not unless they were regarding the victim - which they weren't. What was the reporter even thinking? This skinhead deviant isn't a DEVOUT anything - except murderer.

So now you know why I'm disturbed - and why I don't read the newspaper, or watch the news on TV except very rarely. I'm not trying to shelter myself from the violence, I'm just not gonna let it draw me in like it did today. It's a total waste of precious time and energy. I'm not sure why this world has sordid events like this happening in it, but I'm sure that I do not havta involve myself in it. Now I know why I knit & why I take extra-long weekends just TO knit - it's to escape the madness of it all.

Oh and by the way - vacation was great. Can I go back now?? Or maybe go ahead & move to that mountain top with a goat and a sheep or 2? Ya see WHY I'd like to do that??


Oh, btw again - PEACE!! If you can find it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment