Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WORKING

Hmmmm - why is it I havta work for a living? Is it really neccessary?? LOL Wish now I had saved my retirement fund, because I really find the thought of living somewhere remote, on the side of a mountain, perhaps, very comforting & soothing. I wonder if I'm retreating back into my shell? I'm not sdoing the "defense eating" thing, but sometimes I fear that I hide in my knitting. How odd does that sound?? I'm nuts, I know - I guess that's what happens when you forget to take your anti-depressant in the morning. I'm waiting on Tala now to bring me one from home. Maybe I'll be more sociable after lunch - not because of the food, but because I'll have taken the pill by then. It's sad to have to rely on a chemical to balance out your day. Perhaps I need more prayer & less drugs. Not that I abuse them - not by any means. I just really can't put my finger on what my problem is today.

Other than that, and the urge to adopt a beautiful, calico long-hair cat I saw yesterday, I am good. Several of my WIP's are done, and I've cast on for at least 5 more!! Seriously! The Mystery Socks are caught up - the toe clue comes out tomorrow. Which is good, 'cause I really need those #2 needles for my wristwarmers & I don't wanna havta buy more!! I already have TWO sets of #2's, THREE sets of #3's!!

And I have a pumpkin to carve and no idea when I'm gonna do it. Needs to be done by Friday. Maybe I'll do it tonite after church. Or at least get the cleaning part of it done. That would be good. Maybe I'm just feeling a tad overwhelmed this week. That could possibly be it. That may be the whole crux of the situation. Oh well, I'll get over it - I always do. Okay - I really, really need to do some work now!! Better hop to it.

Oh - progress list on WIP's - meant to do that so I could see in writing just everything I'm working on. Let's see here:

Camo hunting sox for Greg - DONE
Camo hunting hat for Greg - DONE
Yoga sox for Kathleen - one DONE, 2nd has yet to be cast on
Pink camo sox for my sister Annie - turned the heel in first sock
Baby afghan for Mysti & Michael - about 4 more squares then all the sewing to do
Mystery Sock KAL - 2 more pattern repeats on ea foot then waiting on toe clue
Mohair Babydoll nightie - DONE
Purple lingerie - nightie is DONE except for finishing touches
Wristwarmers for me - FROGGED (need smaller needle, which means I havta finish a sock or 2.....or 3......LOL)
Julian's scarf & fingerless gloves - working on swatches; can't decide what yarn to use
Legwarmers for Leslie's mom - one partially knitted, but yarn has been bought for both prs
DRAGON SOX - practically non-existent @ this point EXCEPT I actually have bought the yarn for Saphira, Thorn & Gladr; just trying to figure out pattern

I think that's all. Can't think of anything else I'm knitting that can actually be published!! LOL Yup - a girl has gotta have SOME secrets, even in her knitting!!


Peace, kids!!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness you have a lot of WIPs. But then, so do I! It must be something in the name. My mystery socks have been on the back burner this week with other projects and the marathon in the forefront but thankfully, I will board a plane on Friday with them, the full pattern and plenty of time.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete