Monday, November 2, 2009

Work, work, work.....

Hmmmmm - working, you say?? Then how can she be blogging? Well, that is a good question & one that I'm afraid to answer on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me!! Just in case ya didn't already know, besides being a knitting fanatic, I also work at the Old Fashion Candy Company. I have to have a jub to support my fiber habit!! LOL But anyways, I wear a lot of hats there, but mainly I am a dreaded bill collector.......yes - you heard/read me correctly. I work in collections at a fundraising company. It is a fabulous place to work and has really great people working there that care about the customers AND their fundraisers. I'ce been here over 11 years now & they will probably havta PUSH me out the door to get me to retire.

What's hard is working here & not constantly munching on all the goodies we have all over the warehouse. Then your general manager comes and plunks a box of microwave popcorn down on my desk and says "damaged". Yay!! Well, I suppose I'll take that home to Ella like I did the other 2 and 1/2 cases of discontinued candy we had last week. It was supposed to be for Halloween, but I notice none of it got passed out!! Hahahaha - guess Ella is keeping it for herself.

But, if you ever need to do some fundraising, check out our website. I'm sure we have something that you will like and that your group will want to sell. That's all the advertising I'm doing now!! LOL

The good news today is that the day is beautiful, sunny and warmer than expected. I walked 2 laps w/Leta today, which is a little over a mile and a half. That is really good for me, considering I've done nothing in the way of exercise for several months now. Glad Leta is working here now, so I can have some motivation. My friend Suzanne, however, is the ULTIMATE inspiration for walking & running!! She just completed the New York City Marathon yesterday!!! Yay, Suzanne!! Way to go! Can I hear a woot-woot for the "other" Suz?? ;~D

Peace & love!!

2 comments: