Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Getting There - Slowly But Surely......

But please - don't get Shirley involved with this AGAIN!! LOL I am whittling down the stack of unfinished projects. I have finished one pair of legwarmers for Leslie's mom & I'm about 1/3 of the way done on the other pair. The TTL Mystery Sock KAL will have to be frogged, however - I did not make the heel flap long enough for Hannah's foot. But that has been put on the back burner until I get more stuff done. Michael's afghan will be done this weekend, I hope. I'm tired of making squares, actually - just gonna sew up what I have done, crochet a border on it and call it a day. It's plenty big enough, I believe. Here's a pic of it laid out on the conference table to arrange the squares. I had to take the pic so I'd remember what went where!!


It's really kinda neat, because all I did was knit those diagonal garter stitch dishcloths every which way I could think of, in the primary colors his bedroom is done in. I need to get it done before he's too big to enjoy it! I started in August, now he's 3 months old already!! It's done in I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. 100% acrylic wash & wear - a new mom's best friend!

So - I went to see New Moon. With Hannah, Corbin & their mom. Of course, Hannah loved it but I had really wanted to see *2012*. So I guess me & Corbin will go see that one together. New Moon was okay - I'm just not a big Twilight fan, ya know?? I like Anne Rice's vampires! Anyway - Hannah was thrilled, naturally. Which is good. I'm thinking about making her a scarf like the one Bella wears in the 1st movie while they are playing the ball game. Maybe.

What else? Hmmmmm - can't think of anything right now. So - I'll just leave it at that. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!! Don't eat too much!

Peace on Turkey Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are working your way through your WIPs. I finished my second hat tonight. Two hats out of that single skein of Plymouth Encore. Each took less than two hours. They are an awesome project. I may have to investigate other colors of that yarn.

    ReplyDelete