Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WHEW!!!!!!

Okay - all I can say is that I'm so full of relief I could fly. Honestly. Hannah passed out cold Sunday & had to be taken to the emergency room. She hit her head when she hit the floor & managed to clip a table on the way down, busting her lip & hitting her hand. No reason why she fainted. So, they run a battery of tests @ the hospital - bloodwork, urine test, heart monitor, EKG, X-ray, CT scan. The whole thing - and could find nothing wrong. Zilch. Nada. Not even evidence of a concussion, altho the doctor said he couldn't rule it out because she had banged the back of her head when she fell.

She gets up Monday and is still very dizzy & has a horrible headache. So Christy takes her to work w/her so she's not alone @ the house. They call Hannah's doctor who suggests taking her to see a neurologist. Which they did @ 1:15 today. And the conclusion is? She has a virus, they think. Can't rule out the H1N1 virus, because she has had the live virus nasal vaccine. She may have fainting spells for 2 more weeks, they said. At least it's nothing serious and I am so grateful to God for that.

I've tried really hard NOT to obsess about it, and let the gravity of the situation lure me into the food. So far, it has worked. And now, most of that worry is over - she just has to be watched for high temps in the meantime. All I can say is - thank you, Lord. I am SO grateful for your presence and your help.

I do wonder what they'll do about school tho - football helmet, elbow & knee pads?

Peace & relaxation.....

1 comment: