Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good morning!!

Hmmm - why in the world is it that the day I have SO much stuff to do, the end of the month and the day I meet with one of the owners of the company to present a new product idea, then I'm not sleepy. At all. It's after midnite, and I'm wide awake. Poop. Could still be adreneline, I suppose. I did something really, really stupid tonite & I'm still not sure what possessed me to do so.

I was 1 1/2 blocks from home. I stopped @ a top sign and a woman that was standing on the corner came up & knocked on my car window. She acted like she was drunk or high. Not sure which - but she wanted to know if I'd give her a ride to her apartment @ 1st and Adams 'cause she ran outta gas. I didn't see a car that looked outta place & I told her I wasn't going that far. She kept asking me & pulling on the door handle. The way she was acting I figured if I took off she'd fall down & I might accidently run over her. So I let her in - told her I'd take her to Washington Avenue.

Now, some of ya know taht I don't live in the best part of town anyway. Pretty much as close to the inner city as you can get without actually living there. Its not a great neighborhood. But she had me twisting & truening 'til we WERE in some of the worst & scary parts of town. The part of town we were in - people stand in the middle of the street talking to each other & dare you to hit them when you drive down the road. Anyway, we finally got to a little bit better part & I told her that was as far as I would go. She wouldn't get outta the car!! She kept wanting me to hug her, kept saying "Music!!" when she wanted me to turn up the radio, and was just in general creeping me out. And I was scared sh*tless - I kid you not.

We ended up only a coupla blocks away from my mom's house! Finally, she said that the creepy apartments next to Earl's Muffler shop across from Pizza King was where she lived & she got outta my car. Not before asking me for money, tho! But dang - I'm thinking now I was really, really lucky. And of course, the 2 people I told about it let me know how stupid it was to do something like that. They were right.

Wow - I guess thats what I needed to do - was blog about it! Cause now I'm tired all of a sudden. Weird. Anyway, I guess its time for bed then!! LOL

Good nite & peace!!

1 comment: