Sunday, July 25, 2010

INSPIRATION

Inspiration come to me from everywhere. The wondrous hand of God as displayed in the beauty of Nature, the smooth sensuousness of a certain fiber, seeing my favorite color, or feeling the rough textures of wood & concrete under my fingertips.......all of these contribute to good feelings & the longing to create something to remind me of those times. Pain & anxiety also sometimes inspire me, but in the opposite direction - they inspire & encourage me to be lazy, to lose sight of the importance of certain things, to ignore the very things I should be paying attention to, and to ignore the help being offered by others.

What is wonderful and miraculous to me is when I find inspiration in an unexpected place - such as the writings of a friend. I know someone who you would never think had the deep, philosophical thoughts that he does, just by looking at him. Just goes to show you can't always judge a book by it's cover, eh? I read his blog/note on FB the other day and was nearly moved to tears. He has this great appreciation for life, his parents & step-parents, his upbringing and his friends - and he doesn't mind letting the world know about it. So.......why should my blog be so negative?? Why should I let everyday, mundane BS color the way I see the world? Why blog only when I feel like crap?? Looking back over my posts, I see that I let this be an outlet for my fear, anxiety & angst.

I'm not gonna promise that every future post will be all sunshine and rainbows - that's not realistic. But I am gonna actively promote optimism in my life - let's hope it transfers to here. My life is about God, knitting, good friends, my family, my OA Program & my OA family, and my thankfulness for being allowed this many years on God's green Earth. I don't have time or the place in my heart for the negativity that I've been pulling down upon myself lately. I wanna breathe, relax and enjoy the sunshine and Spirit while God still lets me.

So, that's my post for the day. Hopefully, they will be much more frequent, and maybe I can even find the time to post a few patterns in here!! Have a great day, wherever & whoever you are!!

Peace & Love

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment