Friday, September 11, 2009

IN MEMORIAM - LEST WE FORGET - 9/11/2001-9/11/2009

First of all, a quiet moment for those that lost their lives on that fateful day eight short years ago. May their bravery & courage never be forgotten, and may this never happen again on American soil, the good Lord willing. God Bless America!



So - here we are. In the fall of 2009. The nip is in the air of the evening, and my mind is whirling with unfinished knitting projects, Hannah's algebra homework & status in school, MY work which is suffering a bit (that needs to be rectified - pronto) and an upcoming excursion I'm making in mid-October. The "orangeade" sox were done, but somehow I made one bigger than the other. So I had to frog the larger one all the way back to the gussett - BOO!!! The camo stripe sox are 1/2 done (working on the toe now) and now Greg wants a hat to match!! LOL This from a manly man! I already had bright orange for a hunter's cap, but he insists on the camo - so I am not responsible for shots to the head in open season!! ;~)

Well, I suppose that's all for the day, I'd best get back to work. Be sure to check out the newest issue of Knitty!! Awesome sock pattern that starts from the HEEL out - can't WAIT to try it!!


Peace!!

1 comment:

  1. It seems like only yesterday (in some ways) that 9/11 happened. I was a NYC resident then and the city had an eerie feeling for such a long time afterwards. Just the other day I caught a piece of a documentary about it and I started crying all over again. Thanks for the nice tribute.

    On a knitting note, sorry about the frogging. I know all about that!

    ReplyDelete