Monday, August 17, 2009

My bad!!

Ooohhh - I didn't post anyhting yesterday!! And I was @ the computer most of the day. Just lazy, I guess. No - really, I didn't have much to blog about - not unless you wanna hear about my daily irritation from a 90+ woman I live with. But, hey - I gripe about that enough as it is!! LOL It's fine, tho - spent most of yesterday watering the grass, big job that!! Me turning on the hose, turning it off & moving the sprinkler, turning it back on, then back off & REsetting the sprinkler to a new, more perfect spot, turning the water back on, checking to see that all areas of the sod are getting wet ----- more work to it then you might think, especially when you have someone w/OCD working on it!! ;~)

I did spend a lot of time looking at & working on designs for my new sox. Not so much time knitting yesterday afternoon, tho I did knit a swatch to see if I liked a pattern I had worked out on graph paper (I didn't). Seems I like to use graph paper to chart designs, as long as they are knit & purl stitches only - no yarnovers, or k2tog's. But I don't like to read them, at all - I take the design I came up with & immediately translate it to text knitting instructions. Don't know that I'll ever get past that - I've been skipping over any pattern stitch that looked especially difficult & especially if it was charted. Hmmm - but then again, I never thought I'd knit sox, either. Who woulda thunk it??

I really want to design patterns that are all my own, tho - I might borrow a stitch pattern, but my goal will be to change it up somewhat so that it's unique. And I really wanna try to stay as simple as possible. To me - that is the whole joy of making sox, along with the fact that they are a very easy project to carry anywhere. If a pattern repeat isn't too long, it can be memorized, like the lace pattern on the Hannah sox - and patterns keep the sox from being off-the-wall B-O-R-I-N-G, in my opinion. Of course, making shorter legged sox helps with that, too.

I was telling someone about my blog yesterday @ church (yes - the Dragon Lady believes in God & attends worship & Bible study on a regular basis) and when I mentioned my goal was to post my patterns for free, they suggested I sell them instead. I thought about that for about half a minute, then decided no - I had started this blog with the intention of making new patterns for sox and posting them for free, and that's the way it will remain. However, first I need to actually POST a pattern!! LOL But that should happen later this week - I just want Hannah & Corbin to model their sox so I can take a nice pic to show with the patterns.

So - stay tuned, folks!! The best is yet to come!

Peace, dudes & dudettes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment