Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh, what a nite!

Well, well, well - is it time to go home yet?? OMGoodness, I am so wiped out. Yesterday w/me in charge (LOL) at work didn't go particularly well - we had a deal w/the new phone system that I couldn't fix, of course. Then a girl in the warehouse had a family crisis that I didn't have the authority or feel comfortable making a decision about. Then to top it all off, the electricity went out right before I get ready to leave!! So I run around to check all the A/C units to make sure they're running - don't wanna end up with puddles of chocolate on the floor! Go to my meeting, then text the bosses, who decide, if I didn't mind too much - would I come BACK out to work & check the units again? Just to make sure everything is cool? Literally - temperature-wise? So I did, but now I kinda feel like I never left the place! :~)

A little background, for those who don't know - I work at Old Fashion Candy. We sell & distribute fundraising candy, snack items, candles, keyrings & such across the USA. I'm also a compulsive overeater who attends Overeaters Anonymous on a regular basis to help me get well from this progressive, compulsive disease I have. Now, it used to be that working @ OFC was kinda like being an alcoholic that worked as a bartender - I mean, hey! It was there for the taking (and eating), I might as well have some, right? But luckily, a friend & neighbor introduced me to OA before I ate myself into oblivion. With the help & grace of God, the 12 Steps, my fellow OAer's, my sponsor, family & friends - I am slowly overcoming the urge to compulsively overeat. No more snacking - no more stash in my desk or my bedroom @ home. Thank goodness I don't have my mind on food 24/7 - leaves me more time to knit!

Speaking of which - the Hannah sock should be done tonite & since I'm running out to McCutchanville to help her with algebra homework (yay!), I'll have her & Corbin model their sox so I can take pics with the good camera, then post my first pattern. Sad to say, I've already started my 6th pair of sox for Hannah's mom, Christy. They are on the needles as we speak, or I write.............I know!! As if I don't have enough WIP's hanging out in my bedroom!! Okay - back to work now - that's what I'm supposed to be doing!! LOL

Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment