Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My very own BLOG????

So - am I certifiable now?? I go online to look @ sock patterns, see all these people's blogs and decide I wanna join up. Hmmm - good thing I never took a serious look at the Army, ain't it? And I suppose I'll fill ya'll in with my juicy tidbits on knitting & such. Well - we'll havta see how that goes, won't we?? This may be the only blog you ever see from me, who knows? Time will tell, I suppose.

My idea here is to maybe one day have pics & patterns to share, so I'll be one of those peeps that someone, somewhere, sometime - will click on and say "I could knit that!" or maybe "Hey - if she can post a lame-*ss blog like that, then I can too, by golly!". I would like to think that one day, somewhere down the line, that something I have done or am doing will inspire someone else - in a good way of course.

You won't read instructions here about how to build a bomb or become your own terror cell. I am all for peace throughout the world, and don't have a bit of use for those that use whatever means they can to inspire terror in others - whether it be a small, misbehaving child or a third-world country. If more people would knit, they wouldn't have time for all that nonsense, anyway. They'd be able to sit still & really listen to what goes on around them. To be at peace with themselves AND the rest of the world.

Am I a throwback to days gone by? A die-hard, misplaced, long-hair, bead-wearin' hippie type?? Yes - I probably am. But I don't have long hair, altho I do like beads & making jewelry. I do wear patchouli a lot - it's my fave scent. I just think if I can get along with the wide assortment of peeps I come into contact with everyday, than so can most other folks. The key to that is trying to. Yes, that requires an effort - but so be it.

That's enuff philosophy for now - I have a sock to knit!! So, hopefully - there'll be more to come. I'll keep ya posted!!

Peace, dudes & dudettes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment