Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Okay - this is kinda weird the way these posted - I may have to redo this. But this is the finished Hannah sock - pattern will follow, probably tomorrow when I finish writing it out in long-hand. Never realized how
long it actually took to write a fairly simple sock pattern!! Kudos to those that do so on a regular basis!! You can see the lace detail here ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>>
The close-up pic below is the true color of the yarn. The sideways pic above is one where we were having a problem w/the lighting. Not sure what the yarn is, but the more I worked with it, the more I suspected it was an acrylic sportweight. But makes a nice sock, nonetheless




My goal, other than to design a line of sox, is to use yarns that are readily available. I may even use yarns you DON'T buy @ your fave LYS. Some may be from Hobby Lobby, some may be from Jo-Anne's. I have a Michael's here, too - but honestly, tho I waited patiently for them to setup their much-touted "New Yarn Section - Coming Spring of 2009", it disappointed me to say the least. It almost seemed they had LESS yarn, than more. So I don't visit there as much anymore, which is good - 'cause they have WAY too many beads for this bead fanatic!! LOL


Anyway, here's a pic of Corbin's boring sock. I say boring because it had to be simple and plain, because he was going into middle school now, and couldn't have the guys laughing @ his sox. So it is - simple sock pattern, very regular knitted with grey, heathery yarn. The only redeeming factor is that the yarn came from Norway - from sheep that live there, and it was spun there. Some more of the mixed lot of yarn I got from Ebay, from an estate sale. But he likes 'em and says he will wear them - that's all that matters.

Okay, then - best get some work done here!!

Peace!

1 comment: